The Portland Art Museum is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and qualified workforce. The Museum strives to maintain a staff that works together to maintain its mission:
To engage the public with art and film of enduring quality, to facilitate dialogue with diverse audiences, and to collect, preserve and educate for the enrichment of present and future generations.
Museum career opportunities include positions in administration, curatorial, development, education, finance, museum services, operations, security, and other professional areas. Available positions may require a variety of levels of training, education, and experience.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Portland Art Museum.
Please click here for a list of current employment opportunities.
The Online Application Process
The Portland Art Museum only considers applications for positions that are currently available. Résumés received that do not specify an open position will not be considered, and unsolicited materials will be discarded. All materials submitted become the property of the Museum and will not be returned.
To be considered for employment at the Portland Art Museum, please complete an online application on our website. In order to successfully submit your application, please be sure to fill in all required fields and provide a valid email address and phone number. Additionally, we encourage you to upload or cut and paste your résumé and cover letter. Please do not duplicate your efforts by mailing a paper copy of your materials. If additional materials are needed, you will be contacted.
To request a printable application form or to contact us regarding issues with the online application form, please email Human Resources. Due to overwhelming applicant responses, questions regarding unadvertised job openings are usually not answered. No phone calls please.
Candidates whose backgrounds most closely match the requirements of each position will be contacted by Human Resources. Please review our list of current employment opportunities and apply for those that you are qualified for.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Portland Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Benefits & Perks
After 30 days of employment, the Portland Art Museum offers a comprehensive benefits package to regular full-time employees who work a minimum of 30 hours per week. Regular, part-time employees who work a minimum of 19 hours per week are entitled to paid time off benefits and other Museum perks.
- Domestic partner benefits
- Employer-paid life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance
Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Vacation time
- Sick time
- Jury duty
- Bereavement leave
Optional Benefits & Discounts
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance program: free, confidential counseling for employees and family
- Discounted TriMet or C-Tran passes
- Credit union membership
- Paycheck direct deposit
Portland Art Museum Perks
- Complimentary admission to the Museum for employee and guest(s) accompanied by you
- Access to Museum lectures and library
- Discounts at Museum Shop and Coffee Shop
- Invitations to staff events
- Complimentary admission to most Northwest Film Center screenings
- 24 Hour Fitness membership through payroll deduction
- Discounted rates at The Rental Sales Gallery
- R.E.A.P (Reciprocal Employee Attraction Pass) card for full-time employees, providing free general admission to local destinations
- Zipcar discounts