Art learners and art lovers. Museum groupies. Movers and shakers who want to make a difference in the community. These are the Young Patrons of the Portland Art Museum; a group of Museum members who wish to become more involved and meet like-minded arts patrons. Young Patrons receive star treatment at the Museum, including invitations to exclusive curatorial, educational, and social events throughout the year, and an invitation to one Patron Society event per year. Young Patrons may choose to take on a leadership role by joining the society’s Executive Committee, which is responsible for planning events, including a fundraiser, and making decisions on the direction of the group.
Membership in the Young Patrons is just $100 in addition to the cost of your current Museum membership.
Interested in Joining the Executive Committee?
The Young Patrons Executive Committee plans the calendar for the year and provides necessary outreach to new audiences through volunteer leadership. We have a nomination process for new committee members. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Why are you interested in joining the Executive Committee?
- Do you have any past board member or volunteer experience?
- What is your current occupation or your immediate past occupation?
- Do have any art interests or experience?
- Have you ever been involved with the Museum?
- What particular areas are you interested in getting involved with: Prospecting, Membership, Programs, Social Media?
Basic Requirements for Executive Committee members are as follows:
- Must be a current Museum member at the Sponsor level or above.
- Must be able to attend most or all monthly Executive Committee meetings. The Executive Committee meets at the Museum on the second Tuesday of every month from 6-7 p.m.
- Must be involved with at least one other permanent committee within Young Patrons.
For more information, please contact Susan Whittaker at 503-276-4331.
Be Our Fan
Visit our Facebook page to view photos and videos of past events, check out upcoming events, and connect with other Young Patrons fans.