School Tours K-12
K-12 Docent-guided Tours
Docents use an interactive, conversation-based approach to engage students at many levels of learning and interest. Designed to help students become familiar with the Museum setting, these visits include an in-depth study of between five and 10 artworks.
- Docent-guided tours are scheduled to start Tuesday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
- One chaperone for every 10 students is required. We are unable to accommodate more than one adult for every six students. If you have special needs please indicate them in your online tour request.
K-12 Self-guided Tours
Self-guided visits are perfect for those who wish to move through the galleries at their own pace.
- Self-guided tours are scheduled to start Tuesday and Wednesday between 10:15 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., and Thursday and Friday between 10:15 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- One chaperone for every six students is required. Any additional chaperones must pay the regular adult admission rate upon arrival at the Museum. If you have special needs please indicate them in your online request.
- To involve students, we recommend that all self-guided tours participate in a teacher-directed gallery activity during their visit. Please bring clip boards or small sketch pads and pencils only; no pens are allowed in the Museum.
For more information about tours and to register, click here.