EDUCATOR EVENTS AND WORKSHOPS
The Museum holds free seminars and workshops for K-12 and college educators throughout the year. This year the museum will offer three types of Educator Events.
- Evenings for Educators: Held on Thursday evenings, usually to preview special exhibitions. Educators learn about upcoming exhibitions and are invited to an informal networking session over light refreshments to allow attendees to talk with their peers about integrating art into curriculum.
- Educator Workshops: Held on Saturday mornings, these workshops consist of different tracks or specializations for educators to select. Take topical knowledge deeper or hone a new skill using the Museum as a resource, platform, and destination for thoughtful arts integration.
- Educator Focus Sessions: Participatory dialogues around educator driven topics. These sessions are facilitated by education staff but driven by Teachers. Guests and experts may attend depending on the topic and format of the session.
UPCOMING EDUCATOR EVENTS
Educator Workshop: Examining World War I — This Is War!
Saturday, September 20, 9 a.m. - 12 noon.
The so-called Great War had a profound impact on all forms of artistic expression. Join us for break-out sessions that look at the conflict through the themes and voices that dominated the graphic art of the time.
Evening for Educators: Museum Open House
Thursday, October 23, 5 - 8 p.m.
Educator Focus Session: Focus on Digital and Museum Learning
Thursday, December 4, 5 - 8 p.m.
Want to dip your toes into Museum and digital learning? Join the discussion to get some ideas, or pose some questions with the Museum’s Interpretive Media Specialist.
Evening for Educators: Italian Style
Thursday, February 12, 5 - 8 p.m.
Come preview the exhibition and learn a bit about glamorous Italian fashion.
Educator Workshop: Spotlight on the Permanent Collections
Saturday, April 11, 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Educator Focus Session: Focus on Funding
Thursday, May 14, 5 - 8 p.m.
Join a discussion about grants and funding ideas relevant for today’s teacher.
You need a login to attend Educator Events and Workshops.
- Click here to log in to your account, create a new account, or get a reminder of your login information.
- Once you are a user, subscribe to our educator email list (under email preferences) to join the online education community. Email Mike Murawski with questions or for help with registration.
- Click here for more information about receiving Graduate Credit through PSU for attending Educator Events.