Patron Society Events
For more information about Patron Society events, please call Emily Wright at 503-276-4312.
Visit our Flickr page for photos from Patron Society events.
Upcoming Patron Society Events
Seeing Nature Behind the Scenes
Wednesday, September 2, 5:30 p.m.
Enjoy a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the Museum’s efforts to bring the remarkable Seeing Nature: Landscape Masterworks from the Paul G. Allen Family Collection to Portland.
Coffee with the Director
Wednesday, September 23, 10 a.m.
New Patron Society members are invited to join Director Brian Ferriso for coffee and a special docent-led tour of highlights from the Museum’s permanent collection.
Seeing Nature Patron and Members Party
Friday, October 9, 5 p.m.
Celebrate the opening of Seeing Nature: Landscape Masterworks from the Paul G. Allen Family Collection with live music, dancing, docent led-tours, and dinner. This event is open to Friend level and above members. $100 ticket.
Fallen Fruit Talk and Reception
Thursday, November 12, 5:30 p.m.
Private reception and viewing of Paradise: Fallen Fruit followed by a discussion with L.A.-based artists David Allen Burns and Austin Young on their site-specific installation.
Patron Society Holiday Party
Wednesday, December 2 or 9, 5:30 p.m.
Tis the season! Join us for a festive holiday reception with wine and hors d’oeuvres, and a special discount in the Museum Shop with complimentary gift wrap.
Travel to the Berkshires
Trip to the Berkshires with Museum Director Brian Ferriso with an unforgettable itinerary of private collection viewings and behind-the-scenes access to museums and galleries.
Art Salons are a series of intimate, invitation-only events in the homes and privately-owned spaces of Portland’s collectors. Past Salons include:
- 2014 – Intimate dinner in the Museum galleries dining at a lavishly set table in the grand style of the 18th Century amongst Forbidden Fruit: Chris Antemann at Meissen.
- 2013 – Stunning art collection and waterfront home designed by Seattle architect Jim Olson.
- 2012 – Spectacular home and one of the most important private collections of Abstract Expressionism in Portland.
- 2011 – Internationally recognized collection of Chinese and monochrome porcelains and exquisite Chinese snuff bottles, along with major works by some of the Northwest’s most celebrated artists.
Delve deep into the arts and culture of select destinations. Patron Society trips feature luxurious accommodations, private collection viewings, and behind-the-scenes access to museums, galleries, and other fascinating art destinations. Past destinations include:
- 2014 – Napa Valley, CA & Washington, D.C.
- 2013 – Houston, TX
- 2012 – Philadelphia, PA
- 2011 – Dallas, TX
- 2010 – Chicago, IL
- 2009 – New York, NY & Los Angeles, CA