Volunteer at the Portland Art Museum & the Center for an Untold Tomorrow
Join the Volunteer Program at the Portland Art Museum (PAM) and the Center for an Untold Tomorrow (PAM CUT) to engage communities through art, film and media. We are a place for all, inviting everyone to connect with art through their own experiences, voices and personal journeys. Our volunteers are ambassadors who aim to create an engaging and welcoming environment for visitors. We need volunteers who are eager to meet new people, share their knowledge, and become more involved with the communities we serve.
Becoming a Volunteer
We encourage people from all backgrounds and life experiences to apply to our volunteer programs. No experience is required, and training is offered for all programs. Volunteers are a valuable part of support to PAM and PAM CUT, the time and energy you devote is deeply appreciated.
Our volunteer process consists of:
- Apply – Prospective volunteers are asked to review open opportunities and follow to complete an online application.
- Meet with Us – After the application has been reviewed, applicants will be invited to meet with a hiring manager for an interview. This meeting gives us a chance to get to know your skills and interests a little better.
- Complete a Background Check – All volunteers with the Portland Art Museum are required to pass a criminal background check.
- Vaccination – as a condition of volunteering, the Museum requires all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only exception is for volunteers who work only in outdoor assignments.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Perks for Volunteers
- Admission to PAM
- Free screening at PAM CUT
- Museum store discount
- Other perks as listed on the volunteer ad!
Contact Volunteer Services
If you have any questions about volunteering at the PAM or PAM CUT, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.