Visit our curated selection of conservation projects from other organizations.
- American Institute of Conservation (AIC) of Artistic and Historic Works
- Conservation OnLine (CoOL)
- International Institute of Conservation (IIC) of Artistic and Historic Works
- International Council of Museums- Conservation Committee (ICOM-CC)
- The Institute of Conservation
- Heritage Preservation
- ICCROM International Centre for the Study for the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property
- WAAC Western Association of Art Conservation
- CCI Canadian Conservation Institute
How can I support conservation projects?
If you would like to donate to the Conservation Department please contact the Development Office at 503-276-4365. To learn more about supporting the Portland Art Museum, please visit Support the Museum.
Can I intern or volunteer in the Conservation Department?
We occasionally have internship and volunteer opportunities in the Conservation Department. For current openings check the careers page for internships and the volunteer page for volunteer opportunities. Please feel free to direct any questions about volunteering to email@example.com.
Where can I find a conservator in the area?
Try the “Find a Conservator” tool on the AIC website. If you continue to have trouble finding a local conservator you can send a query to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also a short guide on “How to Choose a Conservator” and printable guides for “Caring for your Treasures”.
How do I become a conservator?
Check out this general “Become a Conservator” guide to find out more about the education and training required to become a conservator and the types of careers that exist within the field of conservation. To find out more, get involved with the Emerging Conservation Professionals Network and check out the resources they are putting together.