Join us from 5-8 p.m. on Friday, July 17th for a celebration of summer! Enjoy art-making activities for all ages, musical performances and workshops, tours, pizza, and beer-tasting! Everyone is welcome and RSVPs are not required. We hope to see you here!
This event is free for veterans and service members and their friends and families.
5-6 p.m.: Join the Sketch Club who will be drawing from a live model in the European Galleries. Try your hand at sketching while listening to James Clem play guitar!
5-6 p.m.: Public Tour of Highlights of the Collection (Departs from the Park Avenue lobby)
5:30-6:30 p.m.: Public Interactive Family Tour (Departs from the Park Avenue lobby)
6-7 p.m.: Slow down and spend time looking at and discussing two works of art on this conversational public tour! (Departs from the Park Ave. lobby)
6:15-7 p.m.: Whiskey Tango Improv Performance in the Adams’s Foyer (Print Exhibition of Hockney and Hogarth)
6:30-7:30 p.m.: Public Interactive Family Tour (Departs from the Park Avenue lobby)
6:30-7:30 p.m.: Join the Sketch Club who will be drawing from a live model in the European Galleries. Try your hand at sketching while listening to James Clem play guitar!
6:45-7:45 p.m.: Public Tour of Highlights of the Collection (Departs from the Park Avenue lobby)
Ongoing from 5-7:30 p.m.:
- Artist Dulcinea Meyers will be leading drop-in art-making geared towards adults. Stop by, grab a drink, and get inspired! (Stevens Boardroom, lower level)
- Drop-in art-making for kids! There will be multiple projects to choose from, which means something for everyone! (Outdoor sculpture plaza)
- Ask the Astrologer! Astrologer Jaysen Paulson connects the cosmos to the canvas through individual mini-readings. (Object Stories gallery, lower level)
- Sample beer provided by Hopworks Urban Brewery from 5 p.m. until whenever we run out! 21+ (Outdoor sculpture court)
- Free photo booth! Get into character by posing as part of a masterpiece from the special exhibition, Gods and Heroes. Snap a photo and take home a free print! (Outdoor sculpture plaza)
- Soldiers Songs and Voices will perform and lead song-writing workshops for all of you music fans! (Outdoor sculpture court)
- Art Pub! Stop by for a slice of pizza and a beverage before (or after) heading inside to check out Gods and Heroes, Ai Weiwei, and our incredible collection!
The Portland Art Museum is pleased to offer accommodations to ensure that our programs are accessible and inclusive. All spaces for this program are accessible by wheelchair. Assistive listening devices are also available for the lecture.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org 2-3 weeks in advance, or call 503-226-2811.