It’s Alive! Puppet Making and Stop Motion Animation for Kids!
March 21, 2022 – March 23, 2022
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday | 10:00 a.m. – Noon | 3 Sessions
Online via Zoom
Ages: 10 – 15 years of age.
Instructor: Timothy Mattson
Materials List for the Course
- An Android or iOS smartphone
- The Stop Motion Studio app by Cateater (this is free). Available on Google Play or Apple.
- A phone tripod with bluetooth remote control (~$20 on Amazon. Here’s a good example)
- A clear work surface (a sturdy table or desk — preferably not carpet)
- 1 lb oil-based clay (color of your choice)
- 5 feet of 16 gauge aluminum wire
- Long-nose pliers with wire cutter
Tim Mattson is a video producer and animator who uses video and animation to tell stories. Since acquiring his BFA from The Evergreen State College, he has worked professionally in the film and television industry. Tim hopes to spark others interest and get them excited to tell their own stories.Register now
The Portland Art Museum is pleased to offer accommodations to ensure that our programs are accessible and inclusive. All spaces for this program are accessible by wheelchair. Assistive listening devices are also available for lectures. All restrooms have accessible stalls but no power doors. There are single-stall all-gender bathrooms available. Please ask staff for directions.
We will do our best to accommodate your needs when you arrive, however, we need 2-3 weeks advance notice for some specific requests. Please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 503-226-2811.