Japanese Poetry, Art & Culture Weekend
Spark your own poetic imagination by going deeper into some of the themes, materials, and creative processes represented in the exhibition. This occasional weekend series will feature a variety of calligraphy and ikebana demonstrations, music performances, poetry reading and writing opportunities, artmaking, and even the chance to sample Japanese small bites and sweets from local makers.
Saturday, October 20
- Tea tasting with Jugetsudo USA
- Poetry writing with Write Around Portland
- Ikebana demonstration with Ikebana Portland Chapter 47 (11 – noon)
- Origami demonstration and art making with Yuki Origami (noon – 3pm)
- Calligraphy demonstration with Sora Shodo (1 – 2pm)
- Docent tour of Poetic Imagination (3pm)
Presented in conjunction with the special exhibition Poetic Imagination in Japanese Art: Selections from the Collection of Mary and Cheney Cowles.
The Portland Art Museum is pleased to offer accommodations to ensure that our programs are accessible and inclusive. All spaces for this program are accessible by wheelchair. Assistive listening devices are also available for lectures. All restrooms have accessible stalls but no power doors. There are single-stall all-gender bathrooms available. Please ask staff for directions.
We will do our best to accommodate your needs when you arrive, however, we need 2-3 weeks advance notice for some specific requests. Please email requests to email@example.com, or call 503-226-2811.