School and College Visits
The Portland Art Museum welcomes K-12 and college groups for self-guided visits. Reservations are currently available through January 29, 2023. Please submit a reservation request at least two weeks in advance. Docent-guided tours are currently on pause due to the pandemic.
K-12 students, teachers, and aides receive FREE admission with advance registration. Chaperones admitted free up to a 1:6 adult-to-student ratio. Additional chaperones will be asked to pay regular admission of $25 per person unless they are Museum members.
College groups receive discounted admission of $5.00/student with advance registration, or free admission for College Student Pass holders.
Prepare for your visit
- The minimum number of students in a group is 6 and the maximum is 48.
- The Museum requests a 1:6 adult to student ratio on K-8 tours and 1:10 for high school groups. Please let us know if you will have fewer adults in your group and we will work with you on accommodations. The reservation system will require you to enter enough adults to meet the 1:6 ratio. Please leave a note in the comments box if you’ll have fewer adults.
- Review the Museum Agreements and Expectations in advance with all teachers, students, and chaperones.
- Preview current exhibitions and the permanent collection.
- Explore our resources for distance learning and self-guided visits here and on special exhibition webpages
- When you arrive, enter the museum on the north side of the main building off of the outdoor courtyard and near the gift shop. One adult should check the group in at the Visitor Services desk.
- Find School Bus Parking information.
- The Museum welcomes homeschool groups through the K-12 school reservation system and asks that they observe the same guidelines as other school groups, including the 6-student minimum.
- Please observe current COVID-19 guidelines at the time of your visit.
- Please plan to carry coats and bags with you through the Museum or leave them in your vehicle. If you would like access to a storage rack, please let Visitor Services know and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
- Please note the dates of special exhibitions when you make your reservation. You’ll have the option of selecting a specific exhibition or collection area from the dropdown menu in the online reservation system.
- The standard group visit time is one hour, but you are welcome to stay longer.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.