School and College Visits
K-12 students, teachers, and aides receive FREE admission with advance registration. Chaperones admitted free up to a 1:6 adult-to-student ratio. Additional chaperones will be asked to pay regular admission of $25 per person unless they are Museum members.
College groups receive discounted admission of $5.00/student with advance registration, or free admission for College Student Pass holders.
Prepare for your visit
- The minimum number of students in a group is 6 and the maximum is 48.
- The Museum requests a 1:6 adult to student ratio on K-12 tours.
- Review the Museum Guidelines in advance with all teachers, students, and chaperones.
- Preview current exhibitions and the permanent collection.
- Explore our resources for distance learning and self-guided visits.
- Find School Bus Parking information here.
- The Museum welcomes homeschool groups through the K-12 school reservation system and asks that they observe the same guidelines as other school groups, including the 6-student minimum.
- Please observe current COVID-19 guidelines at the time of your visit.
- Storage racks and coat check are not available at this time. Please plan to carry coats and bags with you through the Museum or leave them in your vehicle.
- If you plan to see Queen Nefertari’s Egypt, please select it in the dropdown menu in the online reservation system and begin your visit there, before visiting other galleries. Be sure to include accurate attendance numbers in your reservation and to submit your request at least two weeks in advance.
- The standard group visit time is one hour. You are welcome to stay longer in all areas of the museum except Queen Nefertari’s Egypt, where we ask that you observe a one-hour limit to avoid overcrowding.
- Reservations for Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, and Mexican Modernism (Feb 19, 2022 – Jun 5, 2022) will become available on December 6, 2021. Please check this page for updates.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.