Portland Book Festival
The Portland Book Festival returns to the Portland Art Museum and the SW Park Blocks on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Literary Arts’ annual celebration of books, the Portland Book Festival, presented by Bank of America, will return to the Portland Art Museum and the SW Park Blocks on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Find the 2019 author lineup here, featuring over 100 authors, including Laurie Halse Anderson, Jericho Brown, Malcolm Gladwell, Mitchell S. Jackson, Saeed Jones, Elizabeth McCracken, Tim O’Brien, Morgan Parker, Ambassador Susan Rice, Rainbow Rowell, Karen Russell, Raina Telgemeier, Renée Watson, G. Willow Wilson, and many more.
Adult passes are $20 and include a $5 voucher to spend at the extensive book fair, and youth 17 and under or with high school ID attend FREE. Festival passes include all-day admission to the Portland Art Museum.
Attendees must present their paper or e-pass, including free youth passes, at the Festival box office, on SW Park Avenue in front of the Portland Art Museum, the day of the Festival in order to pick up an official wristband. Wristbands are REQUIRED for entry into all events and the festival book fair. If you do not have a wristband, you will be sent to the box office before you are granted entry into any of the Festival venues. Plan to arrive at least an hour before the first event you would like to attend in order to visit the box office and pick up your wristband.
The Portland Book Festival offers something for readers (and future readers) of all ages! The Portland Art Museum will feature pop-up readings and performances in the museum galleries throughout the festival day. Additionally, the Festival offers 12 writing workshops, including two free sessions for youth. Paid workshops include festival admission (no separate pass required). Sign up early for writing workshops through the Literary Arts website: classes are expected to sell out!
The full schedule of events will be available in early October. Sign up for the Literary Arts newsletter to be the first to hear updates about the festival.More information and updates at Literary Arts.
Adult Festival Pass + PAM General Admission (includes $5 book voucher) – $20
- with copy of of Talking to Strangers and guaranteed seating at Malcolm Gladwell event (includes $5 book voucher) – SOLD OUT
- with copy of Tough Love and guaranteed seating at Ambassador Susan Rice event (includes $5 book voucher) – SOLD OUT
- with copy of Tough Love + copy of Talking to Strangers and guaranteed seating for both Ambassador Susan Rice and Malcolm Gladwell events (includes $5 book voucher) – SOLD OUT
Festival Pass 17 and Under or High School ID – *FREE
- with copy of of Talking to Strangers and guaranteed seating at Malcolm Gladwell event – SOLD OUT
- with copy of Tough Love and guaranteed seating at Ambassador Susan Rice event – SOLD OUT
- with copy of Tough Love + copy of Talking to Strangers and guaranteed seating for both Ambassador Susan Rice and Malcolm Gladwell events – SOLD OUT
Senior and College rates do not apply.
*does not include book voucher