Admission Access Programs
Due to continued reduced staffing levels and budget constraints, some programs are on hold for the time being and are noted below.
The Portland Art Museum and its donors are committed to making the Museum a resource for all. In normal years, approximately 1/3 of all visitors enjoy the Museum for free or receive admission at highly reduced prices.
- Free admission for children 17 and under
Supported by The Gordon D. Sondland and Katherine J. Durant Foundation
- Free School tours with a reservation
Supported by Bank of America Foundation; Maybelle Clark Macdonald Fund; Ken and Joan Austin / A-dec, Inc
- College Student Pass – $25 for a full year of free admission for college students. Purchase online, then present your student ID at entry.
- Free Quarterly Museum Days and other special free days
Supported by Sharon L. Miller and Family; The Lamb Baldwin Foundation
The offers below are not redeemable online. Present your identification in person at the box office in exchange for a ticket to the Museum. Please note that timed-entry tickets are required to see Special Exhibitions. These tickets are available in-person with this discount, but some time slots may not be available. You may visit the box office in person prior to the day of your visit to exchange for a timed-entry ticket as well.
- Free admission for Veterans and Active-Duty Military
- College Student Pass – Purchase the pass online, then present your student ID at entry.
- Arts for All – Oregon Trail Cardholders can purchase up to 2 admissions for $5 each
- Blue Star Museums Program – Offers free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Multnomah County Library Discovery Pass — Two free adult admissions by using a Multnomah County Library account to reserve.
- The Portland Art Museum is a Bank of America Museums on Us partner. Visit the Museum on the first full weekend of each month and show your Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card and the cardholder will receive complimentary Museum admission. One free admission per card.
These programs are currently on hold
- ON HOLD – Free First Thursday – On the first Thursday of each month admission is free from 5-8 p.m.
- ON HOLD – $5 After 5 Fridays – 5-8 p.m.
Additional support for Museum access programs provided by:
William H. and Mary L. Bauman Foundation
Of course, members always see it first and members always see it free!
Learn more about the Museum membership programs.