The Portland Art Museum is committed to fostering open dialogue around art. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to engage with the Museum on our social media platforms. The purpose of the Museum’s social media communications is to inform and connect with visitors and the community.
Social media content serves to supplement the website and offer new perspectives on a range of topics, including the collection, exhibitions, public programs, relevant news items, and more. Posts, comments, and replies on Museum channels should be respectful and suitable for all ages.
We reserve the right to delete, or hide any of the following types of content, and block or restrict users who share such content:
- Violent, obscene, profane, hateful or racist posts, links or images
- Comments that threaten or defame any person or organization
- Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or not-for-profit organizations, websites, unincorporated organizations or clubs, contests or promotions
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users