Frequently Asked Questions
For the safety of visitors and staff:
- Advance tickets are strongly encouraged; capacity is limited and it is possible that some times may fill up by the day of your visit.
- In compliance with Oregon’s face covering requirements, all visitors ages 2 and over must wear protective face coverings that cover the nose and mouth while at the museum. We will have a limited supply of disposable face coverings available for visitors who do not bring their own and a limited number of disposable face shields available for those who are unable to wear masks.
- Staff wellness checks are being conducted before shifts
- Hand sanitizer is available for visitors and staff.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting in high touch areas and restrooms.
- Plexiglas shields at admissions and shop checkout areas.
- Designated routes to promote social distancing.
- Visitors must maintain a 6-foot distance.
- Coat and bag check will be closed, so please leave backpacks and larger bags at home. Individuals experiencing disabilities will be allowed to keep their bags.
- To adhere to governmental capacity restrictions, please plan on limiting your visit to one hour. Exceptions will be made for individuals experiencing disabilities who need additional time to navigate the museum.
Hours & Admission
Holidays, events, or inclement weather may also impact the Museum’s operational hours.
For more information on reserving tickets as a member, watch our instructional video or see the Membership tab of our FAQs.
*Members receive free timed entry admission. If you are a member, sign in with your email and password and be sure to pick the Member category when entering the ticket quantity. Please see the Membership tab of our FAQs or watch our instructional video for more details.
Not a member but want to join? Visit our Membership page for rates and levels.
See our Accessibility page for information on designated accessibility parking.
Registering and Signing In
If instead of “Sign In,” your email address is displayed in the upper right, you are already signed in.
Renewing or Purchasing a Membership
Portland Art Museum
1219 SW Park Ave.
Portland, OR 97205
To renew or purchase a membership online, click “support” from the homepage, then select “Membership” from the list on the right side of the screen. You will see a list of the available levels of membership. Click the “renew” (or join, if you’re a first time member) button below your desired level of membership. From the next screen, select either the 1 year or 2 year option, and fill in the names as you would like them to appear on your membership cards. If you would like your second card to be a guest card, leave the “Name on card 2” fields blank. Then click “Add to cart,” and continue to fill out your personal information. Continue to the payment page by clicking “Checkout.”
A greeting card containing gift information and temporary membership cards will arrive by mail within 5-10 days, and the recipient of the gift will receive their permanent membership cards within 3-6 weeks. Recipients of gifts purchased in December will receive their permanent cards in mid-January. *NOTE: Creative License and College Creative Licenses purchased as gifts do not include any gift materials or cards. Recipients of these memberships will not receive gift messages or materials.
If you have any special requests regarding gift memberships, contact the Membership department at (503)276-4249 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Museum Admission, click “Museum Admission Tickets” you will see the ticket defaulted to a specific day and time. Select the date and time (for timed entry tickets) you intend to visit using the “Other dates” and “Other times” buttons if applicable. You may then enter the quantity of tickets you would like to reserve in the “Member” category, and click the “add to cart” button in the bottom left corner of the screen. Be sure to sign in to receive your member discount.
For tickets to lectures or other public museum events, find the lecture or event by date on the calendar itself. The calendar will display the current month. If the event you are looking for is in a different month, access future months by clicking the abbreviated month right above the days of the week at the top of the calendar. This will scroll the calendar over to the next month. Click on the title of the event on the calendar. The next page will feature a description of the event. Click the blue “purchase tickets” or “reserve tickets” button to reach the tickets page. You can then enter the quantity of tickets you would like in the “Member” category, and click the blue “add to cart” button in the bottom left corner of the screen. Be sure to sign in to receive the member discount.
To sign up for a member event from the home page, click “Events” and select “Member Events” from the list on the right side of the screen. Here you will find a list of current and upcoming member events. If the event requires a ticket reservation and tickets are still available, you will see a blue “Reserve tickets” button at the end of the event description. Once you reach the ticket page, make sure to sign in in order to enter the quantity of tickets you would like to reserve.
Member event tickets are also available in person at the Museum’s box office.
Extensions and grace periods happen automatically with no action required on your part. Information on your membership’s new expiration date or grace period is communicated to members via email, so check your inbox for more specific information.
All tours are temporarily on hold. Please check back for more information in the future.
If you would like specific instructions for signing up for a tour (K-12 or College) please view the School Tours page of the Museum website.
The Museum reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises or to reproduce photographs of objects in its collection.
- Art Dealers of America
- International Society of Appraisers
- Appraisers Association of America
- American Society of Appraisers
You may also contact an appraiser from this compiled list. Please note this list is for your convenience and does not constitute an endorsement of any business.
Request an appointment online here: