The Portland Art Museum is committed to providing meaningful access to as many people as possible.
If you have Disability Access requests or are unable to reserve tickets online please contact us on our Disability Access line at (503) 276-4284 or on email at email@example.com.
Please enter through the accessible ramp located on the north side of the main building between SW 10th and SW Park Ave. The accessible exit will be through the Special Exhibition Gallery and out through the gift shop or out through the Center for Modern & Contemporary Art in the Mark building.
Aides will receive free admission. Manual wheelchairs are available free of charge. Service animals are welcome. All areas are accessible via elevator.
Due to safety measures during this time, all on site programs and tours have been cancelled. Please contact us if you would like to request any specific access for any of our online programs.
If you are unable to purchase tickets online, purchase tickets by phone by calling Becky Emmert, Head of Accessibility, at 503-276-4284.
We will do our best to accommodate your needs when you arrive, however, we need 2-3 weeks advance notice for specific requests such as tours with verbal description or ASL interpretation. Please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 503-276-4284.
- Aides and care-providers receive free admission and will need a timed entry ticket. Please contact us on our Disability Access line at 503-276-4284 or email us at email@example.com.
- Service animals are welcome.
- Manual wheelchairs are available free of charge.
The following accommodations are currently on hold due to COVID-19. To make access requests for online programs please email firstname.lastname@example.org oc call 503-276-4284.
- T-coil compatible FM listening devices and neck loops are available free of charge at lectures, films, and tours. If you would like to request an ALD for a tour, it is helpful if you can let us know ahead of time by emailing email@example.com or calling 503-276-4284.
- Docent-guided tours with verbal description are available on the third Thursday of each month or by request with advance notice.
- Sensing Art: Tours for Visitors who are Blind or Experience Low Vision
Please see pam.to/blindlowvision for more information and to reserve a ticket. For questions or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Becky Emmert, Head of Accessibility, at 503-276-4284.
- The artNOW program offers docent-led tours on select Thursdays from 1-3 p.m. Please call the Alzheimer’s Association at 1-800-272-3900 for more information and to RSVP.
- Reduced prices are available for visitors through our Admission Access Programs.
- The museum’s library is open to the public by appointment.
Getting to the Museum
There is one wheelchair-accessible entrance into the museum located next to the outdoor sculpture garden between SW Park Avenue and SW 10th Avenue.
Leave Volcano! Exhibition and enter the gift shop. There is a push button on the wall just before the children’s section that opens the left door going into the sculpture court. Please exit left through the sculpture court onto 10th Ave. If you need to return to Park Ave. you can access it through the breezeway.
There are two metered accessible parking spaces on the museum side of SW Park Avenue, and two across the street from the museum on 10th Avenue. The paid parking lot next to the museum has four accessible parking spaces.
For Trimet Lift and rideshare passengers, there is a loading zone with a curb cutout in front of the museum at SW Park Avenue and Madison Street.
The museum is located near the following stops and lines:
- The Art Museum stop on the NS and A loop streetcar lines.
- The SW 11 and Jefferson stop on the NS and B loop streetcar lines.
- The SW 10th and Jefferson bus stop serving lines 6, 38, 45, 55, 58, 68, 92, and 96.
Moving through the Museum
We know the museum can be confusing to navigate. Please ask one of our staff members if you have any questions.
The museum consists of two main buildings with galleries and event spaces that are accessible by stairs and elevators.
All restrooms have accessible stalls but no power doors. There are single-stall gender-neutral bathrooms available. Please ask staff for directions.
The events listed have real time captioning, American Sign Language/English Interpreters, and/or Audio Description already scheduled. If an event is not listed or you would like to request additional accommodations please email us at email@example.com, or call 503-276-4284.